Thursday, October 22, 2009

Booty Blog

OK, so I haven’t started out this blog as eagerly as I had hoped to. I intend to make this a daily entry but just not enough ideas or ambition to write as I had planned. I am working on that…. Really.

One thing, and it has been on my mind a lot lately and I hope that this isn’t going to set the tone for the life of this entire blog.

But…

I swear if I hear one more woman say that they don’t want to weight train because they don’t want to be bulky I am going to scream!

I really do not know where this comes from.

Ok, gals lets please put this to rest once and for all shall we.

What you are really telling me is that you are not willing to truly invest in your health and over all fitness. Because I know you don’t think for one minute that spending 30 minutes in the weight room 3 to 4 times a week is going to turn you into the female version of Arnold Schwarzenegger over night. Really? Is that what you are thinking? You are telling me that lifting some dumbbells, doing squats in the rack and pull-ups are going to give you an atoms apple, biceps like baseballs and a bulge in the front of your panties then you are very misinformed or just making excuses. Common ladies!

The fact is that weight training builds muscle is true. Muscle, raises your metabolism. Nothing else will. No amount of cardio will ever burn enough fat, lean and shape your body like that 20 year old hottie you always wanted to be. Truth is with out stressing muscle tissues with the proper amount of resistance or weight it will atrophy, meaning your body with consume it. Which will lead to poor posture, bone weakening and fatigue and over all poor health. And you will never fit into that bikini like you always wanted to.

Now to get that body you are so afraid of, the one you see only in body building magazines or that really bad “B” rated move, “Women of the Lost Amazon Tribe,” you would have to spend years of serious heavy training, hours and hours per day, extreme diet control and some very creative pharmaceuticals that only football players use to get that physique. And in all honesty, it’s not that bad of a look. Minus the deep voice, facial hair and that unsightly bulge I mentioned earlier.

There are thousands of women out there that have spent years of serious weight training and meticulous diet control that still don’t come close to looking like the Hulk.

Which brings me to another huge problem I have with the modern culture and what the “Ideal” women should look like. Every time I stand at the check out line and scan the magazines of the Hollywood elite in their bathing suits I want to puke! I don’t know when anorexia became sexy but I am not buying that either. What happened to the slightly pudgy women in the Victorian era paintings? I am not saying that is perfect either but that woman was a whole lot healthier and sexier than what you see today. How about a women who is not emaciated and starved to near unconsciousness?! How about just a little actual lean meat on those bones! Eat a steak for once honey! Get off the treadmill and actually work your whole body from your arms to your back and shoulders to your calves. Every muscle has a purpose and it should be used, shaped, toned and stressed. 4 hours a week on the elliptical will NEVER make you lean, buff or sexy. I am sorry but there is nothing sexy about skinny and frail.

A strong shoulder girdle will give you great posture not to mention less back pain when you get older. Especially if you are a well gifted gal with extra large mammary glands. You will need the extra muscle in your back to make your daily life less painful. And if you are not as gifted I don’t know a man on this planet that would not even notice you weren’t if your back side didn’t look like you spent all you life just sitting on it.

The gluteus maximus - your butt and your thighs are the largest muscle group in your body. They have the potential to be fat burning furnaces if given the proper attention. They are the primordial indicator of a healthy women fit for breading. Men are instinctively programmed to judge a woman’s suitability for mating by the size and strength of largest muscles of her body. Don’t mistake a healthy booty with a fat ass Sistas. There are limits you know. I am just saying you shouldn’t need a belt to keep your pants from sliding off your hips. That goes for you guys too. And the only way to get one of those scrumptious booties is not the treadmill, its throwing a barbell on your shoulders and squatting your ass off!!! Ad some lunges and leg presses in there and I guarantee in a few months time with the proper amount of carbohydrates and protein in your diet and you will have heads turning!

So, basically girls I am saying is this. Spend some time in the weight room and get off the stair master. Cardio is good but in moderation and you can have a lean sexy body having never stepped on one. You don’t have to have the perfect diet either. Grow a little muscle with weight training and it will burn all the calories you need to achieve the look you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment